Did the Covid Crisis in March of 2020 decimate your speaking business? Was the Financial Crash of 2008 a significant stressor for you? When the Towers came down on 9/11, were you left with multiple speaking cancelations?
Over the past 40 years there have been five major economic upheavals that have deeply affected the business of professional speaking. If you want to learn how to build, stay, thrive, have financial freedom, have fun and make an eternal difference with your audiences and clients, you won’t want to miss this high-impact discussion with two of NSA’s legends who have weathered all five economic upheavals. With experience of nearly 40 years each, Elizabeth and Stephen will share their secrets, systems and stories of how you, too, can build a long term, sustainable speaking career and enjoy the journey.
During this interactive presentation, you will explore:
- Five Observations of speakers who have successfully navigated financial crises
- The Four Phases of a Long-term Speaking Career
- The Seven M’s of Mastering our Profession
- The Five Phases of Your Financial Life
- How to implement ideas and grow your business
Whether you are new in your career, mid cycle or anchored in success right now, this session will inspire, encourage, and give you tools to build a long term, sustainable speaking career.
About your Presenters: Stephen and Elizabeth are married and business partners
Stephen C. Tweed, CSP, is Past-President of the National Speakers Association. He has been a full-time speaker, author and consultant since 1979. He received the Certified Speaking Professional designation from NSA in 1993 and served on the NSA board for 4 years before becoming President of NSA in 2002-2003. He is past Chair of the NSA Foundation Board of Trustees and received the Cavett award in 2012.
Elizabeth Jeffries, CSP, CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame is a past board member of the National Speakers Association, and founder and 3 term past president of NSA Kentucky. She served on the NSA board from 1990 to 1996 and received her CSP in 1987. Elizabeth was inducted into the CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame in 1997. She has been a full-time speaker, author and executive leadership coach since 1981.
This video was recorded before the decision was made to hold this event virtually. Please disregard the references to a physical location.
Current Chapter Professional Members and Affiliates
- Use the coupon code for this programming year. If you don’t have the code, email [email protected]
- If you are transferring your ticket to another individual, select the “Ticket Transfer” option and be sure to list the name of the person who will be attending during the check-out process.
- We warmly welcome guests to our events!
- First-time guests and NSA Partner Chapter Members can attend this virtual program for just $25.
- The Returning Guest fee is $40.
All registrants for virtual events will receive an email confirmation with a link to complete your Zoom registration. You will need to complete the Zoom registration to attend the event. If you do not receive this email, please contact [email protected].